iPhone Connection Troubleshooting
- Select Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars ->(FanMail Account)->IMAP Account->(Scroll to bottom) Advanced.
- Scroll to bottom of page and Turn off "Use SSL" (The Server Port should change to 143).
- Turn on "Use SSL" (The Server Port should change to 993).
- Change "Server Port" from 993 to 143.
- Click "< Account" at top of screen.
- Click Done at the top of the screen.
- You should get a Verifying screen similar to this one.
- If the Verification passes you should briefly see a Check Mark/Verification Passed screen like this.
If you have problems getting your iPhone to connect to read your email, try the following. Several users have reported success with the steps below. You may need to repeat them more than once, and/or try reentering your password to force your iPhone to retry after a failure.